- Efficient technique on all four strokes plus starts and turns.
- Speed over short distances.
- Aerobic endurance on longer sustained swims.
- Short rest interval training
- Use of test sets to monitor progress
- Basic training competences.
- Comp. skills.
- Mental skills, nutrition and hydration. Set goals and complete log book
- Provide swimmers with the opportunity for long course training
- Swim 800m Freestyle Good start, turns and kick 5m u/water at start. Under 12.45
- Swim 200m Backstroke .Good start, turns and finish. 7m u/water at start. Under 3.15
- Swim 200m Breaststroke. Good start, turns and finish.7m u/water at start. Under 3.30
- Swim 200m Butterfly. Good start, turn and finish.7m u/water at start. Under 3.30
- Swim 400m IM Using correct technique and good starts and turns. Under 6.30
- Kick 200m Freestyle Under 3.45 Kick 200m Breast or Fly Under 4.00
- Kick 200m Backstroke Under 4.10
- Demonstrate 4x25m dive start freestyle sprints under 14 secs
- Swim 1500m Freestyle Good start, turns and kick 5m u/water at start and turns Under 21.30.
Please refer to club news and club calendar for training times – revised schedule due to COVID 19