Bronze squad is the next step up after flying start, introducing regular training and competition opportunities for swimmers of different ages.
Please contact a member of the coaching team or visit the how to try out section of the site to arrange an assessment
- Develop efficient technique on all 4 strokes plus starts & turns (from wall, poolside and blocks. Introduce use of pace clock
- Introduce a basic poolside routine.
- Develop basic speed over short distances
- Develop basic aerobic endurance on short distances
- Develop and establish flexibility, Pre/Post swimming stretching
- Dive 4×20 Free: Demonstrating good skill and breathing technique.
- Swim 2×20 Back: Demonstrating good skill with a steady head position.
- Dive 2×20 Breast: Demonstrating good skill with a long stroke.
- Swim 1×20 Fly: Demonstrating an undulating body movement and breathing every 2 strokes
- Kick 4×20 Free: Demonstrating forward propulsion
- Kick 2×20 Back: In a streamlined flat position, demonstrating propulsion
- Kick 2×20 Breast: attempting a symmetrical backward kick
- Kick 2×20 Fly: Demonstrating an undulating body movement and forward propulsion
- Demonstrate a dive start and plunge 5m underwater in a streamlined position
- Demonstrate sculling 20 head first and 20 feet first
Bronze Squad Training Sessions
Please refer to club news and club calendar for training times – revised schedule due to COVID 19